Welcome to our blog. We are on a journey. This is an unwelcome journey. We are not out of the darkness and into the light yet so we cannot see the benefits of why this all happened. We are hoping someday we will be there, some day soon.For now we just want to have a place to share our journey with others so that maybe something we learn will help them. We also want to update those that are concerned for our mother. Our mother is Bonnie and she has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre-Syndrome (GBS). We are her daughters, Terry, Donna and Jeanie. This is our journey.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jan, 10, 2009

Mom came home Friday. Yeah!!! Donna went and picked her up with Bill around noon. She used the walker to get from the car into the house. She was even able to step up one small step. She's doing well with the walker. Later that day she got to go out on her lanai and sit by the pool with Frosty on her lap. Frosty is her aged-in dog years-Maltese doggie that missed her very much. Donna said "Frosty was beginning to wonder if mom was ever coming home".
That was yesterday. Today she spent a lot of time on the phone catching up with people. She got a visit from a nurse that mom said ask way too many silly questions. Do you know how many times she has had to say the same thing over and over. I think that keeps people sick. Sick of answering questions anyway.
I called her on my way to a drumming circle. I ask her if she wanted me to come over and massage her back. She said "no, its too far out of your way and besides Bill can massage it". Sometimes I am not sure if she is tired of all the activity of people coming by. So I decided to just see her tomorrow. I really wanted to come but I knew a friend was waiting for me to arrive. It's tough not knowing the inside of someones mind. If I was to guess I would say she wanted me to come....Jeanie

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are home and better, Charlie

    ReplyDelete